Thursday, January 22, 2009

Battle of Bull Run

I have to give myself credit for the Conferderates victory in this battle. If I had not sent a message by the very attractive Betty Duvall to General Beaurgard on July 10,1861 , they would have lost. I had her wrap the letter tightly in her chigon; describing Union leader Irvin McDowell's plan to "advance on the Confederacy six days later." The letter was given to General Beaurgard, who gave to President Davis to make prepartions. I sent another message telling of Irvin McDowell's "the enemy – 55,000 strong, I believe – would positively commence that day his advance from Arlington Heights and Alexandria on to Manassas (near Bull Run), via Fairfax Courthouse."Davis ordered, "General Johnston, stationed 50 miles away, to bring his troops into the area as reinforcements. While awaiting Johnston’s arrival, Beauregard shifted his own troops to meet the advancing federals, and on July 21, the Union suffered a stunning and humiliating defeat." I am proud to have helped my fellow Southerners and President Davis and thank him for appreciating my work.

<http://www.onealwebsite.com/rose3.htm>
<http://civilwarwomen.blogspot.com/2008/07/rose-oneal-greenhow.html>

7 comments:

  1. You are a traitor to the name American! It is your kind that make me wish to spit upon the South! You are responsible for the death of my men! If I had the power and the authority I would see to it that you hang for you treachery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. Greenhow, I must thank you for services. You were much needed and the confederacy will forever be in debt to you. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I at one point respected you General Lee but after you thank this loose woman I cannot help but feel disgusted at you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot believe you have aided the bloodshed of so many! The people who will never see their families is great, and you have aided the culprit! Not to mention that in aiding the Confederates, you have committed a most absolute act of treason. May the Lord have Mercy on your Soul.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Mrs. Greenhow for what you have done to aide the Confederacy in this first battle. Because of you, the first win goes to the South. Hopefully, our run will continue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How can you be so prideful of acts that caused the deaths of so many? I hope you are forever haunted by the experiences and opportunities that were stolen today as a result of your actions.

    ReplyDelete